Enflor was the first probiotic ever launched in Pakistan by Hilton Pharma. It is saccharomyces boulardii and one sachet of Enflor contains approximately 5 billion alive cells.
Mechanism of Action
ENFLOR of Hilton Pharma is a biotherapeutic agent. It is a French research product, which acts intestine in a living state.
The pharmacological studies show that ENFLOR has multiple favorable actions e.g,
- Microbial antagonism: In vitro and in vivo microbial antagonism against bacteria e.g E. coli, Salmonella spp, Shigella spp, and Candida albicans.
- Stimulation of Immune defenses: It induces significant increase in the concentration of the secretory component and lgAs (the first line of defense infection in the digestive tract) in the small intestine and may turn out to have a protective effect against infections of digestive origin.
- Antitoxin activity: It acts on the origin of the secretion of enterotoxins and/or reduces the enterotoxic.
- Enzymatic activity: It produces a significant increase of disaccharidases including Lactase, sucrase and Maltase.
- Treatment of infectious and non specific diarrhea. ENFLOR can also be used in conjunction with oral re-hyderation for the treatment of acute diarrhea.
- Treatment and prevention of digestive complication of antibiotic therapy: diarrhea, colitis and candidiasis.
- reatment and prevention of nasogastric-tube alimentation diarrhea.
- 1 to 2 ENFLOR sachets given once or twice daily.
- 1 to 2 ENFLOR capsule given once or twice daily.
Note: This dosage may be increase in accordance with the prescription of a physician without any contraindication.
Pour the content (Powder) of sachet into some water, beverage of semi liquid.
Mix in liquid or swallow.
ENFLOR should not be poured on or mixed with very cold or very cold very hot water or food.
For Continuous Enteral Feeding
Add ENFLOR to the nutrient solution at the time of preparation. ENFLOR can be store at room temperature for several days.
ENFLOR should not be administered with systemic anti-fungal agents.
Taking ENFLOR may rarely cause epigastric disturbances in some patients.
Store ENFLOR in cool, dry place and protect from sunlight.
Presentation1 box contains 10 ENFLOR sachets.
1 Box contains 1×10 ENFLOR Capsules.